These tasty no-bake energy balls are the perfect snack for mid-morning, post workouts, or right before the lull of the afternoon. If you love peanut butter, oatmeal, or chocolate chip cookies, these bites will be sure to please your desires and your energy needs.
Our Hemp Extract Energy Ball recipe is packed with nutritious natural foods, and a little hint of sweetness from maple syrup, honey, and mini chocolate chips. You’ll want to give these a shot if you are looking for an alternative to sugary cookies, or unhealthy snacks that may leave you feeling drowsy or give you a crash mid-afternoon when the sugar wears off.
We always suggest using only the most natural, pure, and organic ingredients when you’re making these energy balls, to ensure you are feeding your body only the best natural foods that you can. Luckily here in Vermont, we have access to great organic maple syrup from our friends at Hillsboro Sugarworks and can source fantastic honey from local beekeepers. The rest of the ingredients can be found at your local grocery store or natural food store.
The hardest part about this recipe will be not eating the mixture before it’s finished! These no-bake energy balls taste very similar to no-bake cookies and are equally as addictive. They are super easy to throw together and can be made while doing other meal prepping for your week. They also make a great treat for any party or gathering. We decided to put 10mg of our full spectrum hemp oil per ball, because let’s be honest, we can’t just eat one or two. You may want to hide them from your kids, even if you leave the hemp oil out, or they will gobble them all up in a minute!
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup 1-minute oats
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1/8 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut (more for rolling balls)
- 1/8 cup raisins
- 1/8 cup semi-sweet chocolate bits (vegan bits taste great too!)
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 220mg of Hemp Oil Tincture
makes approximately 22 balls
How to make
- Place all the ingredients into a medium mixing bowl. 11 (1ml) droppers of the 600mg Hemp Oil Tincture will equal 220mgs as each 1ml dropper full is 20mg.
- Mix with a wooden or metal spoon, until all the ingredients are well blended. Form a ball in the mixing bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Allow the mixture to chill in the fridge for 45mins to 2 hours.
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator. Using a spoon, measure out balls using a scale to around 23grams per ball.
- Form into balls by rolling between your palms, until a nice uniform ball forms. If desired, roll half or all of the balls in shredded coconut.
- Eat!! Store any uneaten balls in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container. They can also be frozen if you wish to keep them for longer periods of time
If you aren’t a fan of any of the ingredients or have allergies, drop them out, and play around with other ingredients that you enjoy, to make them your new favorite snack!
If you notice bloating from the energy balls, try soaking your raw oats in water for 30 minutes prior to making the recipe.
Be sure to let us know how you liked the recipe and what adjustments you make!